Dinners: Week of 1/24/16

This is the week that Jeff and I start the 21 Day Fix! This won't be super challenging when it comes to the food we eat for dinner since I'm already very conscientious about what I make for our meals. Although apparently beans count as a carb in this program and I'm so used to counting them as a protein source! It's going to require a little re-programming.

My goal is to start logging all of my meals into a Meal Plans spreadsheet that is easy to copy and paste meals as I'm doing my weekly menu. Eventually I will have more robust menus but for now I at least have basic ingredients, preparation, and the 21 Day Fix container colors.

One of my tips for meal planning/prep is to pick a few key ingredients and reuse them in several meals. This week's key ingredients: sweet potato and pork. Here's what I'm making this week:

  • Sweet Potato and Black Bean skillet
  • Crockpot Pork Tenderloin and Balsamic Roasted Veggies
  • Kale Pesto Pasta (and Pork?)
  • Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki over Quinoa
  • Slow Cooker Lentil Soup
  • Sweet Potato Latkes and Eggs
Another post to come on how we're going to prep lunches!


Comments

Popular Posts