Meals to try

I mentioned in a previous post that I'm in a food rut.  Also, I think it's clear to many from my other posts that I strive to make healthy, balanced meals.  I'm not a total nazi about food (because I LOVE baked goods), but I'm pretty health conscious.  I've been trying to make a couple vegetarian meals each week, and have made it a point to incorporate a healthy amount of vegetable into each "meaty" meal (which I should clarify are mostly lean meats - turkey and chicken).

Also, a few years ago, Jeff lost 50 lbs and maintained his weight loss for a couple years.  It's been a challenging year, and he's gained a few pounds back and is looking to kick off 2013 with getting back to his lower weight.  

Luckily, weight loss is a common New Year's resolution, so the food websites I frequent have been posting a lot of quick and healthy meals.  I'm hoping to try at least one new recipe each of the next few weeks. 

Soups:
Barley and Roasted Vegetable Soup
Winter Vegetable and Bean Soup
Curried Lentil and Spinach Soup
Split Pea soup with Smoked Sausage and Greens
Split Pea and Green Pea soup with Dill
Pasta e Fagiole
Winter Squash Soup with Gruyere Croutons

Vegetarian Entree:
Butternut Squash Risotto 
Loaded Baked Sweet Potato
Arugula Salad with Penne, Garbanzo Beans and Sun-dried Tomatoes

Meat Entree: 
Meat Loaf and Potatoes
Artichoke, Goat Cheese and Chicken Pizza
Roast Chicken Breasts with Garbanzo Beans, Tomatoes and Paprika
Garlic Lime Marinated Pork Chops
Greek Turkey Meatballs

Pasta:
Penne with Tuna, Basil and Lemon
Cajun Chicken Pasta
Asian Peanut Noodles with Chicken

Lunch:
Open Faced Tuna Sandwich with Avocado
Egg, Tomato and Scallion Sandwich
BLT with Avocado
Tomato, Mozzarella and Red Pepper Sandwich

Sides:
Zucchini Tots
Farro with Feta, Cucumber and Sun-dried Tomatoes


Comments

Popular Posts