Dinners: week of May 19

This week I'm headed to Greencastle, Indiana, for a committee meeting at DePauw University.  I'm not super excited.  Last year I went to Wabash College, which is about 30 minutes away.  Aside from the amazing fitness center, I was not impressed.  I'm so grateful to work for a college in a thriving community.  I suspect that Greencastle will offer much of the same (which is to say, not much at all).  No offense to my colleagues who work for and are passionate about said institutions.

Anyways, I'll be gone Monday and Tuesday evenings, so meals will be a bit sparse. Today I made a bigger meal so that Jeff will have leftovers.  Roasted Veggie Mac and Cheese.  It was DELICIOUS.  Seriously.  And it made enough for dinner tonight (along with some grilled Chicken and Apple sausages), dinner for Jeff another night, and another meal's worth in the freezer.  The smoky roasted veggies and the hint of heat from the cayenne and Frank's Red Hot were a welcome addition to an otherwise classic Mac and Cheese recipe.

This week's menu also includes:

  • BLT's
  • Fried Eggs and Broccoli Fritters
And something else which I can't remember because it's probably an old stand by.

Comments

Popular Posts