Dinners: week of March 13, 2016


The last 2 weeks have been crazy. Really the last 4 weeks have been pretty challenging. We've had all of the germs in our house from stomach virus to strep to croup. My work had deadlines last week, the exact same days that my professional association (of which I'm president) had its conference. And Jeff has been working weekends. I also started did another round of 21 Day Fix pretty unsuccessfully and gained a couple pounds because I wasn't being as conscientious about my food. Partly because my weight was at an all time low  which I'm not entirely convinced was healthy. And partly travel plus stress.

I've also been running a FB meals group and created 3 weeks of meal plans, recipes and shopping lists. It's been fun to do this but my Consistency strength means I became ocd about the format of the menu; I spent way too much time on each one! So my goal for that group is to post a full meal plan once a month. 

This weekend I decided I needed a little breather so my meals have minimal meal prep. That being said, while prepping on this rainy Sunday, I decided to steam some butternut squash to mash up and stir into some bread and muffins. 

Dinners this week:
-Salmon with kale and purple cabbage  salad
-Pasta with roasted balsamic zucchini and tomatoes
-Slow cooker freezer meal
-Mediterranean turkey meatballs and kale fatoush salad
-Black bean and squash quesadillas with kale and cilantro salsa
-Split pea soup (slow cooker)




PS. One of my go-to homemade dressings is lemon juice, olive oil, green onions, salt and pepper - blend with immersion blender. It's tangy and I love it. If you want something a little sweeter, add a little honey. 

Comments

Popular Posts