Oh I've transformed

I'm a Beachbody Coach. I've been doing Beachbody workouts since January and I've gotten a few people started on their health and fitness journey since then as well. What I'm about to say sounds silly, but - I don't feel like I'm super successful in inspiring people to take action because people already knew me as someone who was fit.

That's because I made a very slow transformation in my body and my health starting about 10 years ago. It was a long and deliberate process of learning how to eat better and the much more difficult learning how to exercise.

If you knew me back when, you'd know that I was NOT an athlete. At all. I HATED exercise. I HATED sports. I HATED anything physical. I did half-assed workouts in college. And then I turned 25, got married, got a new job and hit my heaviest weight.

Listen up, I STRUGGLED through exercising for years. It's still hard. I mean - it should be hard. It's called a work out. Not a take it easy out. But for real - it took every ounce of courage and stamina I could muster to do workouts 3 days a week. I gradually got up to 4 days a week. And then a occasionally 5. I got stronger. I got faster. I got leaner. But I was quick with the excuse not to work out.

Enter Beachbody. I like that there is structure to each program. I love the online challenge/support groups. Sure, you can skip a workout because it's all on your own time at home. But then you'd feel guilty because you know that others are busting their butts getting it done.

I started exercising daily back in October and I have more energy than I've ever had in my life. And were it not for my kids and dog, I would sleep SOUNDLY each night. My body is thinner, leaner, faster, stronger.

I've transformed. It wasn't dramatic and it wasn't overnight. But the change is meaningful. And I'm still changing, both my physical body and my mind (more in another post).

Maybe you need some encouragement to kick your current routine up a notch. Or maybe you're starting from scratch and need people who can motivate you to simply try your best.  Let's talk.

Comments

Popular Posts