Thoughts about being a working mom
....who is especially busy in December:
- People get shitty Christmas gifts because I'm too busy to buy anything thoughtful.
- My son doesn't get to see Santa Claus.
- My son doesn't get presents (except for some lame ass books I bought hurriedly over my lunch hour)
- One of us is always working on the weekend.
- Therefore any thoughts I might have had about training for a half marathon I think can effectively be put to rest.
- I HATE my commute.
- The time I have at home which should be spent with my son is spent:
- cooking for my family,
- cleaning (HA - not really - my house is the pits)
- unfucking Skype (which has decided to no longer work)
- cooking for really sub-par work "celebrations"
- blogging while my son is screaming because he's too tired to nap
- doing laundry
- buying groceries
- running other miscellaneous errands
- After Graham goes to bed, I am also doing one of the above items on the list.
- My husband and I never talk to each other anymore because I'm always doing one of the things listed above and he's watching sports (or doing dishes or working, to be fair).