Dinners: Week of February 20th

Tonight after Graham went to bed, I chopped up the veggies for the week of dinners.  It only took about 30 minutes to wash, peel and chop for 4 meals (minus the meat) - and to make Jeff and I sandwiches for tomorrow's lunch.  Here's what we're having:

  • Leftover Shepard's Pie (which my mom and I made on Sunday)
  • Potato and Leek Soup
  • Turkey Burgers and grilled peppers
  • Chicken Fried Rice
  • Lemon Spaghetti with Broccoli and Bacon
I plan to make the soup tomorrow along with the bacon (which I will save half for the pasta).  The fried rice is a great way to use leftover rice (which we have from dinner on Friday night).  Turkey burgers are excellent stand-by's because they're fast, tasty, healthy and filling.  In case you were wondering, this is what a fridge full of prepped veggies look like:
We had some leftover oatmeal from the other morning.  I can't say I've ever had reheated cooked oatmeal but I'm going to give it a go.  I poured a little milk in, added cinnamon, and have a separate container with nuts, dried cranberries and brown sugar.  If it's tasty, I may have found another make ahead meal that will be great for busy weekday mornings!

Oh yeah, I also steamed up some of the broccoli I chopped, and pureed it for the Graham baby.  I'll probably steam up some of the diced carrots for the little man when I make the fried rice.  

Comments

Popular Posts