Dinners: Week of February 26th

For some reason this month, we're a little low on funds.  Who knows why.  So I had to be frugal at Meijer, which is something I should be more often.  I only bought a handful of things that we absolutely needed to get through the week: milk, lettuce, broccoli, bananas, cereal...that's about it.  I need to be more conscientious of buying only the bare minimum so I limit waste and unnecessary spending.  This may have been the cheapest weekly shopping to date - go me!

I'm relying mostly on things that we already have to make this week's dinners.

  • Grilled chicken, roasted potatoes, steamed broccoli (this is a meal we refer to as our "staple")
  • Bean Chili in the crockpot (sounds like a good Meatless Monday meal)
  • Turkey Taco Tuesday (sometimes we just can't resist alliteration)
  • Spaghetti and salad
  • Frittata and salad
  • Freezer meal (whenever I make soups now, I tend to make big batches and freeze some for later)
My pre-chopping will include the broccoli, red peppers, jalapeno, and lettuce.  I still have onion left from last week!

Comments

Popular Posts