Super Fast Dinner

I kind of half-assed meal planning this week, but am looking forward to getting back on schedule in the next few weeks as my late nights and trips away from home subside.

I had to share this super quick, tasty, healthy dinner that I made the other night from my Real Simple cookbook.  I'm recalling the recipe from memory, but here's the gist:

Huevos Rancheros
Combine 1 can of black beans (rinsed) with a jar of salsa (I opted for half the jar) in a skillet.  Heat over medium until simmering (this takes mere minutes).  Crack 4 eggs, 1 at a time, into a small dish (so you keep shells out of the beans) and then slide into the bean mixture (making little wells for each egg).  Salt and Pepper, then cover and cook about 5 minutes longer.

Ta da!  Done!  Serve with any combination of toppings:
-scallions
-cilantro
-lime
-sour cream
-cheese and of course
-tortillas

Real Simple says this serves 4, but no way.  Not unless they mean 4 kids.  As is, it only feeds 2 adults.  I suppose if you served with a big salad and maybe some hearty cornbread it could feed 4.

Seriously - it was SO fast.  This is being added to my go-to list.

Comments

Popular Posts