To run or not to run?

Let the countdown begin. I turn 30 in less than a month. Wow. 30. I feel like there are so many good things in my life, and I'm beginning to remember those things. It feels good.

But it brings me to my big question: do I train for a half marathon? Do I have it in me? I feel like turning 30 warrants doing something really hard but really kick ass. Running a half marathon seems like it would fit the bill.

I find myself thinking about this a lot. In fact, for months I've thought about it and done nothing. I'm tired of doing nothing.

But I'm also very afraid. I don't know why. I suppose its because I'm not sure I can handle failure right now. And frankly I feel like I have very little support in this venture (with the exception of you, Stacy - why don't we live in the same city so we could train together?). So, that just makes it even harder for me to make this decision.

I don't know - I just don't know what to do.

Comments

Popular Posts