Weekly reflection

Here it is, Saturday, February 27, 2010. I've been in a bit of a funk this week. I feel like I've maintained a pretty good high throughout the months of January and February, but I was a bit low this week. And I can't quite put my finger on it. I think some of it is assessing my life up to now. Which has been good!! There's just that one nagging thing (baby) that I think has me a bit perplexed. As someone who really likes to be in CONTROL, it's SO hard to let go of that and just let whatever happens, happen. When we started this process back in December of '08, I think I knew that 30 would come and we'd still be trying. But I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. Sigh. Oh well. I have it REALLY great, so I can't complain at all.

And some of feeling low I think is just being really tired. I'm SO excited to be training for a half marathon. And even though I'm "comfortable" with the level of workouts in my training schedule, it's certainly a step up from where I was. And I'm tired. I've fallen asleep on the couch pretty much every night this week. It doesn't help that I'm really busy at work right now (what's new?) and having a hard time prioritizing what needs to be done.

So anyways. I forced myself to do my long run today. It was fine, I finished the whole 6 miles, but my heart wasn't into it. Though I'm VERY happy that I did it. AND - I have some awesome awesome awesome people coming to GR to celebrate my birthday with me tonight. I just might craft some more today, too. Perhaps I'll take a nap before the festivities. And I vow to not be so crabby next week!

Comments

Popular Posts