7 weeks and 3 days until the due date, but who's counting?

Had yet another appointment today with doctor 5 of 6 (who apparently just herself got back from maternity leave).  I was going to ask her about her baby, but she got delayed before getting to me and I was hungry and had to pee, so I wanted just a short appointment.  For the fifth time in a row, baby's heartbeat was a steady 144 bpm.  Amazing consistency!  I'm hoping that is some sort of sign that we will have something consistent in our routine - sleeping, eating, something.  Despite what felt like a weekend of big food consumption (which in reality was not), I only gained .5 lbs in the last 2 weeks.  I asked her if she was concerned, but since my belly is getting bigger, she was not.  This whole weight thing has me a bit flummoxed.  On one hand, I'm thrilled that at 32.5 weeks pregnant, I've only gained 20 lbs.  On the other hand, I get nervous when I don't see the scale go up because I worry if it's negatively affecting the baby.  But he appears to be growing.  I measured at 33 cm, right on track.  And now I'm feeling him simultaneously along my ribs and my bladder.  So, yeah, he's getting big.

I have 2 more 2 weeks (actually, my next appointment is only a week and change because of scheduling) and then it goes to every other week appointments.  Ah!  That's the sure sign that baby will be here sooner rather than later.

My shower is a week from Saturday and I'm very excited!  Yes, I'm happy to get some baby stuff (I've had to strongly resist the urge to purchase things since I know gifts will be coming), but I'm also very excited to see some friends and family I haven't seen in a while (like my mom!).

Oh yeah - we got a new camera and snapped some photos which I will post soon.

Comments

Popular Posts