39 weeks

Had yet another doctor's appointment today.  My little dude was sleeping when I first got there, so he had a good (but slightly lower than usual) heart rate of 138.  I was offered a cervical check, which after a moment's hesitation, I decided to do.  I know full well that I can be effaced and dilated for weeks before giving birth, so whatever news I was to receive isn't entirely conclusive.  But I ultimately decided that I wanted to know if I was NOT effaced or dilated.

Well, baby is definitely lower (which Dr. Mathis commented on immediately prior to the physical exam), and then she determined that I am 1 cm dilated and 75-80% effaced.  So - things are progressing just fine, but still no telling exactly when he'll arrive.  All this poking and prodding woke him up, though!

A side note: the cervical check is not pleasant.  And the birth will only be worse.  Trying not to panic and to remind myself how much stronger I am than so many of the other millions of women who have given birth.  I can do this!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts