Walking and moving on

Graham is officially a walker now.  And with that comes the transition to the toddler room at daycare.  I'm very happy about this for a variety of reasons, including:

  • He needs the challenge of being with older kids and having structured activities.
  • He needs a little discipline since clearly my telling him no means nothing (have I mentioned he laughs at me when I'm stern?)
  • We no longer have to label all his food.
  • We no longer have to prep bottles (they provide milk)
They also provide snacks and I'm letting go of my control freak need to feed him all 100% healthy food.  They're trying to give healthy snacks.  They are not the best snacks in the world, but they are not all sugar.  Fruit, cheese (floppy cheese, however), english muffin.  I suppose I can live with that if it means I don't have to pack snacks.  The breakfast, lunch and dinners I feed him will be healthy and I preach things in moderation, so I'm letting it go.  I'm proud of myself.

Here are some videos of my walker.  He's gotten much more stable and much more consistent since these were taken last week.  In fact, now he's bouncing while standing and trying to run.  Look out world, here comes Graham!



Comments

Popular Posts