Dinners: week of December 8

 I still rely heavily on recipes for inspiration, and my meals still tend to be fairly routine and predictable. It's not that I'm opposed to trying really new things. It's that I'm being realistic; I'm a working mom who appreciates good (healthy) food but doesn't have time to make it. And despite the fact that people harass me for having high standards and expectations (which, frankly, is getting old), I really am very practical.  What's wrong with a meal having a meat, a starch and a veggie ?  That being said, here's what we're eating this week:

  • Chicken and dumplings
  • Homemade pizza
  • Chicken fajitas
  • Teriyaki salmon and roasted Brussels sprouts
  • Pasta with lemon and olive oil

Jeff leaves for New York to visit his sister on Thursday, so Graham and I will be on our own for meals.  Speaking of Graham and meals. My child refuses REFUSES to try new food. Screams, hits, cries...won't try it at all. And now he's refusing food he used to eat (which was already a limited selection). So I don't know what to do.

Edit:  The Teriyaki salmon recipe was delightful.  Granted, I tweaked the sauce a little (although, fresh garlic and ginger are a must) and I didn't include mushrooms.  I also served this with leftover rice.  I guess the point is that roasted brussels sprouts are awesome.  No seriously.  They are delicious!  I didn't put the salmon on top so it's not like they absorbed much teriyaki.  And I squeezed a little lemon over top upon serving.  They are crunchy on the outside and savory and a little smoky.  I will never cook brussels sprouts another way again.

Comments

Popular Posts