First Vacation and a visit from Grandma Pat and GrandDoug

On June 18 (our six year anniversary), Jeff, Graham and I headed up to Traverse City for our first family vacation (minus our fur baby).  TC is a nice town, but once you've seen it, you've seen it, so we didn't feel the need to spend any longer than a weekend up there.  Plus, we figured we'd ease into vacationing with Graham.  He was such a good baby (though he still tends to get a little fussy as soon as food is served at a restaurant).  But he slept in the car the whole way up and the whole way back.  He slept all night in the hotel.  And he was a good boy in his stroller as we wandered around TC.  The trip was mostly about eating/drinking.  We went to Folgarelli's for a lunch of yummy sandwiches, Moomers for some delightful ice cream, Right Brain for an afternoon beer, and the Jolly Pumpkin for dinner.  Sunday morning we headed up to Sutton's Bay for breakfast at Martha's Leelenau Table (which was fantastic) and then made our way back home on the scenic route, stopping at Grocer's Daughter Chocolate to pick up a treat for home.  Sadly, I have no pictures (yet) because the digital camera wasn't fixed yet.  I did however find my old film camera and a roll of film!  I'm excited to finish up the roll and get it developed.

The camera came back in time for part of Grandma Pat and GrandDoug's (yep, that's what we're calling him) visit.  My mom got a lot of photos on her camera and I'm hoping she actually gets them loaded on her computer and on Shutterfly (that's my not so subtle hint, mom)!  Mom and dad are talking more seriously about  a move back to MI - that would be SO great!!!!  Obviously there is a lot that has to happen in order to make that a reality, but I like that they are talking about it in some more concrete terms.

Here are the pictures that I took:



Graham has started pulling himself up!


One of the saddest faces ever




Graham loves his activity mat (and is wearing cute alligator socks)

Making eyes at the blue elephant




The hounds...this is pretty much what they did all week.
Great picture of my dad - not so much of my squirmy baby

Comments

Popular Posts