Repainting the bedroom

Jeff has agreed to humor me and let me (and help me) repaint our bedroom.  I've been feeling like I need a change and I decided the bedroom would be easy.  Plus, I've realized that my bedroom is awfully brown and its starting to depress me.  I also am on the quest for a new (old) wood dresser to refinish.  My ikea dresser, while it looks nice, is a cheap dresser that doesn't like the weight of my workout clothes.  It's time for it to go.  I'm also going to refinish Jeff's dresser and ultimately make both dressers look the same!

We're repainting the room this color.  The dressers will be painted this color.  The hardware is a dark, antiqued metal, to tie into some of the black in the room.  I normally gravitate towards the brushed nickel (which is on our night stand), but I liked the dark against the lighter wood.  I'm also going to be on the lookout for maybe 2 fancy drawer pulls for each dresser....something with some color maybe.  I can't wait!
 
Stay tuned for the before and after pictures (once my camera is repaired I'll post them - see previous post for more about that).

Comments

Popular Posts