Dinners: Week of July 21
The theme this week is farm fresh. I've been enjoying going to the renovated Grand Rapids farmer's market on Saturday mornings with my mom whenever I can. Sadly this coming Saturday, I have a work related commitment which means no farm fresh veggies unless I go after the work meeting. But that means even more time away from Graham and Jeff, so I'll just have to settle with no farm fresh veggies next week. Unless I get some from the Kalamazoo Community garden, which I've worked now a couple times. This week, I got onions, kale, herbs, radish and summer squash!
- Grilled Steak with herb butter and Romaine Salad with Purple Cabbage and shaved Radishes
- The delmonico steaks from Byron Center Meats were delicious!
- Whole Wheat Penne with Sauteed Summer Squash, Red Bell Pepper, Onion and Kale
- Turkey Burgers, Baked Beans and Cantaloupe
- Corn and Cod Chowder and Romaine Salad
- I added summer squash, reduced the amount of milk and upped the amount of broth and no half and half at the end. Still a very tasty soup! The corn and potatoes came from the farmer's market.
- Grilled Chicken Breast and Asparagus with leftover Rice
- Leftover Soup
- Thai Chicken Salad with Rice Noodles
- I realized that I neglected to get cabbage, so this will be a little less substantial, but hopefully still tasty.