Dinners: Week of July 21


The theme this week is farm fresh.  I've been enjoying going to the renovated Grand Rapids farmer's market on Saturday mornings with my mom whenever I can.  Sadly this coming Saturday, I have a work related commitment which means no farm fresh veggies unless I go after the work meeting.  But that means even more time away from Graham and Jeff, so I'll just have to settle with no farm fresh veggies next week.  Unless I get some from the Kalamazoo Community garden, which I've worked now a couple times.  This week, I got onions, kale, herbs, radish and summer squash!
  • Grilled Steak with herb butter and Romaine Salad with Purple Cabbage and shaved Radishes
  • Whole Wheat Penne with Sauteed Summer Squash, Red Bell Pepper, Onion and Kale 
  • Turkey Burgers, Baked Beans and Cantaloupe
  • Corn and Cod Chowder and Romaine Salad
    • I added summer squash, reduced the amount of milk and upped the amount of broth and no half and half at the end.  Still a very tasty soup!  The corn and potatoes came from the farmer's market.
  • Grilled Chicken Breast and Asparagus with leftover Rice
  • Leftover Soup
  • Thai Chicken Salad with Rice Noodles
    • I realized that I neglected to get cabbage, so this will be a little less substantial, but hopefully still tasty.

Comments

Popular Posts