30 is the new 20?

I went to the mall today. I don't really NEED any clothes per se. I've bought things over the last year and a half, but haven't been super intentional with my purchases and almost everything I buy these days is on sale. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But I've come to the conclusion that I am not trendy. I don't look weird or anything, but I am not, nor have I ever been, cutting edge. And I feel old. But not super old. Just kind of old. For a while there, stores were carrying work appropriate attire that didn't make you look frumpy. And now...not so much. Unless you go to Banana Republic, which I can't afford because I'm sticking to my budget. So, once again my options are work appropriate frumpy high waisted pants, or leggings. And there is nothing in the middle. Moreover, I've been so hesitant about buying things that are at all fitted in case of pregnancy. I don't know. I guess I'm just in a weird place right now. I resisted the urge to buy jeans because I own enough pairs of jeans (half of which are too big), and I rarely wear them because I rarely do anything social outside of work (although those 2 weeks of jeans wearing in the office were great). All in all, I'm just feeling a little down after that stupid trip to the stupid mall. I need a t-shirt that reads, I went to the mall and all I got was this cheap sports bra.

Comments

Popular Posts