13 days...

Well, today is the first day that I'm totally alone with Graham (and Cooper).  Jeff was home with me over the first weekend and into the next week.  Then my mom came when Jeff went back to work.  We're doing remarkably well.  The first 2 nights home were rough....Graham was very awake and I didn't know how to get him to sleep.  I ended up marathon feeding him until the second night he puked up everything he had eaten and we were both sobbing.  The only way I could get him to sleep was to snuggle with him in our bed.  But that makes me so nervous.  We're starting to get the hang of things now.  He's a little fussy in the evening and doesn't really like going to bed when it's actually bed time.  But I'm learning how to settle him down while keeping him in his pack and play.

My mom, Graham and I ran errands every day, which made Graham (and mom) very sleepy.  I think that's part of why he fusses in the evening....he's been sleeping all day in the car seat!  And I haven't been taking naps the way I should, so fussy in the evening is hard to deal with.  But I think we'll start getting into a routine now.

He's eating like a champ, but breastfeeding is a bit of a challenge for me.  He gets super excited about eating, shakes his head, and pants.  It's kind of funny, but frustrating at the same time because then he's not getting a good latch.  He gets plenty of milk but it hurts me.  I went to a breastfeeding support group yesterday and they showed me a little bit of a new technique...it's better, but still not perfect.  I don't want to stop breastfeeding, but it's challenging!  And he's getting heavy.  He had lost about 6 oz after birth and the goal is regain his birth weight by 2 weeks.  He's more than done that...yesterday he was 9 lbs 3 oz, a full pound heavier than his birth weight!  I have a feeling he's going to be a big boy...

I feel like he changes a little every day.  He opens his eyes more and more (I can't tell yet what color they will be) and is looking around at things with a little more purpose.  He also looks more and more like a little person, but I can't quite tell who he looks like.  Jeff thinks he looks just like him.  He definitely has Jeff in him...I think his coloring will be just like Jeff's.  While I don't think he really looks like me, I think he has some of our family in him.  He gave me a look the other day that was definitely a Deasy look.

Cooper has been really great.  We didn't think he'd be bad, but we weren't sure how he'd be.  At first he was totally uninterested.  He was just so happy we were home.  Sometimes he shows some interest when Graham cries, but mostly he doesn't care.  He's starting to show a LITTLE curiosity now, though.  He'll come up to him and sniff him, and now he seems to want to sit near him a little more.  He's much more interested in the activity mat...

I've taken tons of photos, but here are some of my favorites:




















Comments

Popular Posts